August 16, 2017 10:38 Thick lentil and carrot soup
You will need
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut up in cubes
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 200g (7oz) red lentils
- 1.1 litre (2 pints) home-made vegetable stock or filtered water
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion, carrots and garlic, if using. Sweat for 3-5 minutes then add lentils, sweet potatoes and vegetable stock.
- Bring to the boil, then cover, lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Purée to a smooth texture in a blender or food processor, blending in batches if necessary.
- Pouch Info:Makes 6-8 pouches
- Time:40 minutes
- Difficulty:super easy and tasty!